Aromas of mulberry and blackberries. The palate displays delicately refined fresh fruit including juicy black currants, finishing with fine oak tannins.
Winemaking and Viticulture
Much of the unique character of this wine is developed in the vineyard, low yielding spur-pruned vines with fruit harvested in the cool of the night to ensure fruit is delivered at temperatures less than 20 degrees. Fermentation is on skins in open top fermenters with subsequent maturation in predominately French oak barrels for up to 22 months prior to bottling.
All the fruit is sourced solely from Shaw Wines Murrumbateman vineyard, an area renowned for production of premium cool climate wines. Stelvin closures are used for freshness and to ensure long term quality.
- Silver Medal – International Cool Climate Wine Show 2019
- Silver Medal – Vienna International Wine Challenge 2019
- Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards 2020
- Bronze Medal – Sydney Royal Wine Show 2019
- Bronze Medal – San Francisco International Wine Challenge 2019
- Bronze Medal – James Halliday Cabernet Challenge 2020
- Bronze Medal – NSW Wine Awards 2020
- Bronze Medal – International Wine Challenge 2020
All prices shown below are per bottle.
12 bottles quarterly: $27.20
12 bottles twice a year: $27.20
6 bottles quarterly: $27.20
6 bottles twice a year: $27.20