Product DescriptionThis traditional Australian blend exhibits blackberry and mocha undertones with a palate of blackberry and elegant white pepper and lengthy tannins.
Winemaking and Viticulture
Much of the unique character of this wine is developed in the vineyard, low yielding spur-pruned vines with fruit harvested in the cool of the night to ensure fruit is delivered at temperatures less than 20 degrees. Fermentation is on skins in open top fermenters with subsequent maturation in predominately French oak barrels for up to 22 months prior to bottling.
All the fruit is sourced solely from Shaw Wines Murrumbateman vineyard, an area renowned for production of premium cool climate wines. Stelvin closures are used for freshness and to ensure long term quality.
- Gold Medal – International Cool Climate Wine Show 2019
- Silver Medal – International Wine Challenge 2020
- Silver Medal – London Wine Competition 2020
- Silver Medal – Canberra & Region Wine Show 2019
- Silver Medal – Australian Small Winemakers Show 2019
- Silver Medal – Vienna International Wine Challenge 2019
- Silver Medal – Great Australian Red Challenge 2019
- Silver Medal – San Francisco International Wine Competition 2019
- Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards 2000
- Bronze Medal – Winewise Small Vignernon Awards 2019
- Bronze Medal – Australian Cool Climate Wine Show 2019
- Bronze Medal – NSW Wine Awards 2019
- 90 Points - James Halliday Wine Companion 2021
All prices shown below are per bottle.
12 bottles quarterly: $27.20
12 bottles twice a year: $27.20
6 bottles quarterly: $27.20
6 bottles twice a year: $27.20