The nose opens with black cherry, mulberry and pepper notes. An elegant and balanced palate of mulberry and blueberry follows with refined structural tannins and delicate acid.
Winemaking and Viticulture
Much of the unique character of this wine is developed in the vineyard, low yielding spur-pruned vines with fruit harvested in the cool of the night to ensure fruit is delivered at temperatures less than 20 degrees. Fermentation is on skins in open top fermenters subsequent maturation in predominately French oak barrels for up to 22 months prior to bottling.
All the fruit is sourced solely from Shaw Wines Murrumbateman vineyard, an area renowned for production of premium cool climate wines. Stelvin closures are used for freshness and to ensure long term quality.
- Trophy – Australian Cool Climate Wine Show 2019
- Gold Medal – Australian Cool Climate Wine Show 2019
- Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards London 2020
- Silver Medal – Winewise Small Vigneron Awards 2019
- Silver Medal – NSW Wine Awards 2019
- Silver Medal – Riverina Wine Show 2019
- Silver Medal – Vienna International Wine Challenge 2019
- Silver Medal – The Great Australian Shiraz Challenge 2019
- Bronze Medal – International Wine Challenge 2020
- Bronze Medal – Canberra & Region Wine Show 2019
- Bronze Medal – Australian Small Winemakers Wine Show 2019
- Bronze Medal – San Francisco International Wine Competition 2019
- Bronze Medal – National Wine Show of Australia 2019
All prices shown below are per bottle.
12 bottles quarterly: $27.20
12 bottles twice a year: $27.20
6 bottles quarterly: $27.20
6 bottles twice a year: $27.20