This traditional Australian blend exhibits aromas of blackcurrant, delicate eucalyptus and hints of cardamon followed by a palate of blackcurrant with a delicate cocoa finish.
Winemaking and Viticulture
Much of the unique character of this wine is developed in the vineyard, low yielding spur-pruned vines with fruit harvested in the cool of the night to ensure fruit is delivered at temperatures less than 20 degrees. Fermentation is on skins in open top fermenters with subsequent maturation in predominately French oak barrels for up to 22 months prior to bottling.
All the fruit is sourced solely from Shaw Wines Murrumbateman vineyard, an area renowned for production of premium cool climate wines. Stelvin closures are used for freshness and to ensure long term quality.
- Gold Medal – London Wine Competition 2021
- Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards, London 2021
- Silver Medal – Riverina Wine Show 2020
- Silver Medal – NSW Wine Awards 2020
- Bronze Medal – Cairns Show Wine Awards 2021
- Bronze Medal – Winewise Small Vignernon Awards 2020
- 95 Points – Wine Showcase Magazine 2020
All prices shown below are per bottle.
12 bottles quarterly: $27.20
12 bottles twice a year: $27.20
6 bottles quarterly: $27.20
6 bottles twice a year: $27.20