An intense nose of dried black currant, cinnamon, boysenberry and fresh blueberries. The palate is spicy and delicate with subtle cedary tannins and a lovely velvety finish.
Winemaking and Viticulture
Much of the unique character of this wine is developed in the vineyard, low yielding spur-pruned vines with only the best of the Cabernet grapes are selected and picked in the cool of the night to ensure fruit is delivered at temperatures less than 20 degrees. Fermentation is on skins in open top fermenters with subsequent maturation in predominately French oak barrels for 22 months prior to bottling.
All the fruit is sourced solely from Shaw Wines Murrumbateman vineyard, an area renowned for production of premium cool climate wines. Stelvin closures are used for freshness and to ensure long term quality.
• Trophy – NSW Wine Awards 2021
• Gold Medal – NSW Wine Awards 2021
• Gold Medal – Cairns Show Wine Awards 2021
• Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards 2022
• Silver Medal – Sydney Royal Wine Show 2021
• Silver Medal – Winewise Small Vigneron Awards 2021
• Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards, London 2021
• Silver Medal – London Wine Competition 2021
• Silver Medal – International Wine Challenge London 2021
• Silver Medal – Vienna International Wine Challenge 2020
• Bronze Medal – Australian Small Winemakers Show 2021
• Bronze Medal – Riverina Wine Show 2020
• 95 Points – Wine Showcase Magazine 2020
All prices shown below are per bottle.
12 bottles quarterly: $52.00
12 bottles twice a year: $52.00
6 bottles quarterly: $52.00
6 bottles twice a year: $52.00